This soup looks and tastes amazing but it works hard for your body too. There's been lots of research over the past few years on the benefits of beetroot for improving athletic performance. Beetroot is rich in nitrates, which help to regulate blood flow. This is thought to be because beetroot improves the delivery of oxygen to the working muscles.
30 ml low fat natural yoghurt
1 ready cooked fresh beetroot
1/2 medium carrot
1/4 raw onion
1/4 head of broccoli
2 sprigs coriander
2 leaves fresh dill
8 g walnuts
1 vegetable Stock Cube - Low Salt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sweat the chopped onion for 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Then add the water and stock cube, diced carrot, broccoli and beetroot.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, adding 1/2 of the dill and the chopped coriander for the last 2 or 3 minutes.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and extract the juice using a lemon squeezer. Blend the soup with an electric blender and add the juice to taste.
- Pour into a bowl, garnish with the yoghurt, walnut pieces and remaining chopped dill and serve.