If you are lucky enough to have visited Goa then you'll know how delicious the blend of Portuguese and Indian flavours are together. This recipe is one of our all time favourites! And just to be clear, there's no such fish as a Goan fish as we've been asked many times over! Simply use Cod, Hake or Haddock.
100 g Cod, Hake or Haddock
1/4 Medium Pepper
70 g Brown Rice
140 g Chickpeas - Ready Cooked
80 ml Coconut Milk - Low Fat
1/2 Vegetable Stock Cube - Low Salt
1/2 Juice of a Lemon
140 ml Water
3/4 tbsp Indian Curry Paste
- Firstly cook the brown rice as instructed on the packet.
- 10 minutes before you rice is ready add your sliced onion to a pre-heated saucepan with a splash of oil and fry for 30 seconds.
- Turn the heat down and add in your curry paste and fry to 2-3 minutes to release the flavours.
- Add in your sliced peppers, drained tinned chickpeas, coconut milk, stock cube and the water and bring to the boil and stir.
- Finally chop your fish into cubes, add to the boiling curry and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Strain your rice and put it on a plate.
- Stir in your lemon juice just before serving your curry on the bed of rice.
Adjust the amount of curry paste to your liking.