Whether you are looking to opt out of consuming meat a few days a week - or are already a confirmed veggie - this recipe is a delicious light dinner for all taste buds. It looks brilliant too. Can be done on the barbecue just as easily.
1/4 Medium Courgette
1 Medium Pepper
1 Spring Onion
55 g Peas - Frozen or Fresh
5 sprigs Fresh Coriander
55 g Couscous
55 ml Low Fat Coconut Milk
1.5 tsp Jerk Spice
20 ml Water
1/4 Red Onion
110 g Halloumi Cheese
- Toss the diced halloumi, courgette, red onion, and diced peppers in the jerk paste and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place the water, coconut milk and peas in a pan, bring to a boil, add the couscous, take off the heat and cover with cling film.
- Thread the halloumi and vegetables onto skewers.
- Pre-heat your grill and grill for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly until cooked.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir in the chopped coriander and sliced spring onions.
- Serve the skewers on the couscous.