One of my favourite ways to get a protein fix - ideal for breakfast if you are hitting the gym at lunchtime or if you simply need something to help you avoid mid-morning munchies!
- 320 ml cows milk - skimmed or semi skimmed or non dairy alternative
- 1/4 punnet blueberries (200g punnet)
- 30 g oatmeal
- 20 g whey protein powder - optional
- 20 g flaxseed
- Pour water into pan and bring to there boil. Add oats and flax seeds, stir well and immediately reduce to low heat and cover the pan. Stir every 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat after 15-30 minutes depending on preferred texture (the longer it is heated the smoother the texture).
- Stir in blueberries and whey protein powder. Recover pot and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Stir again, then serve.
- Add skimmed milk/soy milk to personal taste if required.