Need to spice up breakfast options or fancy something a little more indulgent for a special occasion? Luckily, this is healthy enough to justify a weekly serving!
40 ml Cows Milk - Skimmed or Semi Skimmed
30 g Cottage Cheese - Low Fat
1/2 medium egg
1/4 medium pepper
1/2 clove garlic
1/2 tsp Ginger - Grated
1/2 Spring Onion
40 g Sweetcorn Tinned
1 medium tomato
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- For the Chili Jam: Preheat oven to 220C/Gasmark 8. Chop the tomatoes in half and place them cut side up on a lightly oiled oven tray. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once roasted chop the tomato roughly and place in a frying pan with crushed garlic, grated ginger, lime juice, chopped and deseeded chilli and diced peppers. Fry for 2-3 minutes and put to one side.
- For the fritters: Sift flour, baking powder and paprika into medium bowl. Whisk milk and eggs in a separate bowl, once mixed gradually whisk in with the flour until the batter is smooth.
- Then stir corn, chopped spring onion and paprika into batter.
- Preheat a frying pan and spoon in small fritter size portions. Cook for 2 minutes, flip and then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan but keep warm in a low heated grill until all fritters are ready. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Place the fritters on a plate, with the cottage cheese to one side and the chilli jam in a small pot.
The chilli jam can be made in bulk and kept in the fridge for a week or so and used with other dishes.