Beauty in a bowl! This dish contains kale - an amazing leafy green containing high amounts of essentials vitamins and minerals that are vital to wellbeing inside and out. Kale has a high amount of vitamin C and vitamin A. One study done on women(aged 40-74) who had a higher intake of Vitamin C had improved skin health with a reduction of wrinkles and dry skin. Plus it's a perfect one-pot wonder for a family friendly dinner on a busy evening.
Sausage and Lentil Hotpot with Kale
Ingredients - serves 4
- 60 ml natural yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Medium onion
- 250g fresh kale
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 400 g good quality sausages with high meat quantity cut into slices
- 400 g of tinned or fresh tomatoes chopped
- 200 ml water
- 320g cooked puy/green lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a stew pot and fry the cut up sausage until golden brown.
- Add chopped garlic, diced onions, chopped thyme and reduce heat.
- Place a lid over and cook for roughly 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and light brown.
- Add the lentils, tin tomatoes and the water to the pot.
- Bring back to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the yoghurt and kale and mix well.
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes without a lid.
- Season to taste and laddle into a bowl to serve.